[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu May 6 17:30:57 CEST 2010

Hey community,

I am currently refining the installer and am thinking of having these
new default options for new (!) installations in TYPO3 4.4:

  * checking for mbstring, if available, set this as default csConv option
  * UTF-8 database by default (setting setDBinit, forceCharset)
  * GDlib2 instead of GDlib1 by default (maybe remove GDlib1 support
completely anyways, or set it to deprecated)
  * TTFdpi set to 96 by default

In an additional effort, I could see having an update wizard that takes
care of setting these options for existing installations, but for now I
only want to care about new installations and would like to have your
feedback on the values above (no new suggestions please), basically if
you think that this seems like a valueable default setup, or if there
are any side effects on complex installations.

All the best,
benni.