[TYPO3-dev] T3DD10 Call for papers reminder

Thomas Hempel thomas at typo3-unleashed.net
Wed May 5 13:29:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

the call for papers for the TYPO3 Developer Days 2010 is open for over a
month now. Since I did not received a lot proposals, I would like to
remind you to send me your ideas for the Developer Days.

First I would like to give you a rough explanation of the the new concept:

Unlike previous years we decided to change the overall concept of the
Developer Days! This will mainly be reflected in a different approach
for the program. Previously we focused on talks where somebody presented
something to the audience.

However, we received a lot of feedback from years and the prevailing
wish was to make the entire event more practical. We heard you, than sat
together and came up with a new concept which I will describe now.

First of all, we will not have two parallel talk tracks anymore. We
don't want to abandon the concepts of talks completely so we kept one.

Now here is the thing. The motto for the Developer Days is "Getting
things done". Very generic but we mean it literally. Here is what we
came up with.

The main content of the Developer Days will be filled with workshops.
This means we aim for real practical courses with some sort of decent
outcome. Each workshop should not have more than 20 attendees to make
actual work possible.

Every workshop has a time slot of 4 hours. This sounds a lot but it
actually isn't. We intend to provide some workshops for a whole day as
well. We will aim for 3 parallel predefined  workshop tracks.

That's not all! We'll also try to organize 2 other workshop tracks
during the kick-off session barcamp style. If you have an interesting
topic at hand after the call for papers has closed there is still a
chance to get things done.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-. CALL FOR PAPERS .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

If you have an interesting topic at hand you want to talk about or even
more importantly a topic about which you want to organize a workshop,
please let us know!

Simply send your idea to thomas(at)typo3.org.

-= What is the deadline? =-
31st of May 2010

-= What do we need? =-
You don't have write a formal paper. An e-mail is enough. But please
make sure you send at least the following information:

- Title
- Short abstract (As much as you need to describe it roughly)
- Type (Talk or Workshop)
- How many slots you think you'll need? (see below)
- Do you need a projector? (If you do a workshop)
- What is the maximum number of attendees? (If you do a workshop)
- Your name
- A photo of you

-= What do you have to bring with you? =-
We'll provide all of the things we think you'll need. This includes
projectors in the rooms some paper for sketches, table, chairs etc.

If you have any special requirements like fish tanks, zebras or clowns.
Please bring that with you.

-= What do we expect from you? =-
First of all, that you decide to do a talk or a workshop. The conference
won't be possible without speakers and tutors. But we kindly ask you to
meet the following requirements:

If you do a talk
----------------

This is pretty straight forward

- Length: 45 minutes (+15 minutes to clear the podium and set up your stuff)
- Prepare yourself!

If you do a workshop
--------------------

Well, this will be a little more work but we'll keep as simple as possible.

- Length: 4 hours (There will be time to expand that a little bit)
- Be prepared! If you want to implement a feature or show something,
please make sure you'll have anything you need at the time the workshop
starts!
- Don't waste time with stuff that could have been done before. Be
productive.
- Take minutes of your workshop! We expect that you write down the
results of your workshop to a wiki (we will provide) within an hour
after your talk. That is important!

Please spread the word and send me your idea. I'm look forward to your
answers.

Greets,
Thomas

thomas at typo3.org