[TYPO3-dev] problem with compressed CSS: SOLVED!

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue May 4 18:54:59 CEST 2010

Am 04.05.2010, 18:28 Uhr, schrieb bernd wilke <t3ng at pi-phi.tk>:

> my .htaccess was ignored in default-configuration!
ahh.. *kopfaufdentischknall*

> can TYPO3 test this and deactive compression done by TYPO3 instead of
> configured compressionLevel?
Lars is thinking of an update wizard, which just tries to download a
.css.gzip file, to just check, if it works - and otherwise to give advice
that the rules in .htaccess are needed. More checks (if .htaccess is
ignored) can't be done.. only if it works or not (maybe for the contents
of .htaccess)

> the compression of all files by apache2 worked by default. so for me just
> a merging of all CCS/JS would result in compressed transfers with less
> requests.
But it's not default setting that an output filter compresses scripts on
the fly - and you don't want this, when you can deliver already
precompressed versions.

> should this give an additional configuration-switch in install-tool?
> [ ] merge all CSS / JSS
Currently I'm still against. Of course, many of you have problems with
this new feature, but if sb. can't configure it's webserver as needed, he
has to keep it disabled - or do some research, how to do it the right way.
The only problem are updated installations with compressionLevel already
set. Those guys the upgrade wizard would help.

Steffen