[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Ben Wardle ben at netefficiency.co.uk
Sat May 1 02:31:54 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

JoH asenau wrote:
> just because I developed a lot of publicly
> available V4 stuff, wrote a book that helps people to learn TYPO3 and am
> supporting people in the newsgroups for years now.

If only your book was available in English :-)

I did once pen an email to O'Reilly suggesting there would be a market for
an English version, but if it, and the snappily titled "Zukunftssichere
TYPO3-Extensions mit Extbase und Fluid (Gebundene Ausgabe)" by Jochen were
to be available in English too, I feel it would do wonders for v4 and the
acceptance of the path to v5 in the non-German market.

I've found the discussion about 'deadlines' versus 'quality' for the launch
of V5/Phoenix a stimulating one, and I've veered between V5 sceptic and fan
over the last couple of years.

I don't intend this to be critical of the way things have progressed, but it
would surely help agencies to plan if there was *some* timeline that we
could look to.

Hopefully the new approach will develop such a timeline, but it has been
frustrating to travel from London to Karlsruhe, Berlin and Frankfurt to
attend exciting talks from Robert et al and still not be quite sure when we
will reach the promised land.

All the best,

Ben.