[TYPO3-dev] RTE Custom Classes aren't showing up in the front-end

Jason Alexander jalexander at digipen.edu
Tue Mar 30 01:34:13 CEST 2010

Hello All,

So I am fairly new to configuring the RTE. But I am trying to add custom classes to it. The issue that I am having is that it doesn't show up in the front-end when I preview the page. It's like it strips all the styling out?? In the backend within the RTE it shows the custom class styling just fine. This is the code that I am using:

RTE {
    default {
        # link to site css stylesheet
        ignoreMainStyleOverride = 1
        contentCSS = fileadmin/rte_styles/rte_styles.css

        # clear typical styling
        classesAnchor >
        classesLinks =
        # set classes available to these properties. Paragraph is another name
        # for block
        classesCharacter := addToList(internalLinks, externalLinks)
        classesParagraph := addToList(internalLinks, externalLinks)
        classesTD := addToList(sub)
        classesTable := addToList(full, fixed)

        showTagFreeClasses = 1

        # list all available classes here, otherwise they're removed on RTE save
        proc.allowedClasses := addToList(internalLinks, externalLinks)
    }

}

Any suggestions, examples. Please help.

Thanks in advance,