[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Unicode with preg_replace

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Wed Mar 24 15:02:44 CET 2010

Von:        Martin Kutschker <masi-no at spam-typo3.org>
Gesendet:   Mittwoch, 24. März 2010 09:37:45

> David Bruchmann schrieb:
>> More important is
>> to know that utf-8 isn't accepted by all people and until there is
>> perhaps sometime a really global charset we've to live with different ones.
>
> Accepted means the users make a deliberate choice to shun content presented in utf-8 (as "foreign")
> or they use software that cannot deal with utf-8 (which I think is highly improbable).

can you imagine that some persons (agencies, admins, developers) just
don't think to need unicode as you think never needing ISO-Charsets?

>> By the way: Just for displaying some african languages you have to
>> download extra fonts where charset and font is nearly the same because
>> fonts for those languages are rare.
>
> And so? This just shows that the fonts you currently use have not all of the possible Unicde
> characters embedded.

AFAIK they don't use the unicode-table. For the case my knowledge is
true your interpretation is wrong.

I don't want to insist on anything but the mentioned points perhaps
should be clarified - if required.

Greets,
David