[TYPO3-dev] Selecting records and multilanguage

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Mar 22 17:29:08 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am running into a little issue on which I'd like a little feedback. I
created an extension that is fully multilanguage. Works like a charm.
But now when I have a record that has sys_language_uid = -1 that record
won't come up.

First I select the rows with (sys_language_uid = 0) and then I run it
through getRecordOverlay(). Since the first query won't return the
records with 'all languages' they are not run through getRecordOverlay()
and won't show up. Now, when I do the first select with
(sys_language_uid = 0 OR sys_language_uid = -1) it does work like I
want. But, is this how it is supposed to be done? Looking forward to
your feedback.

Cheers! Rik