[TYPO3-dev] typo3 and PHP 5.3.2

Enrique Mabanza enrimaba at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:21:21 CET 2010

Dear typo3-guys,
-
I appreciate typo3 a lot and cannot put in words how much I like
working with it.
-
However: My hoster upgraded to PHP 5.3.2. This put us (me and several
others) into a lot of trouble. The hoster claims everything is correct
and it is a problem of typo3 (possibly has to do with tempnam(), which
has been changed in PHP 5.3.2).
-
-
First the frontend and backend where inaccesible.
-
Then someone found, that entering
$_SERVER['ORIG_SCRIPT_FILENAME'] = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'];
in the index.php will make the frontend work to a certain degree.
-
Then, later someone else found, that adding
$_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_TRANSLATED'] = $_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'];
$_SERVER['ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME'] = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];
into both index.php helped to get things going.
-
With this and some deactivating of extensions I managed to get my
frontend and finally the backend working.
-
Are you aware of this problem? And is this solution viable or should
other steps be taken?
-
Finally: is this really a typo3 problem or is our hoster just messing with us?
-
Thank you for taking the time to read and please accept my apologies
if this gets to the wrong person.
-
Sincerely,
Enri Maba

PS: In case you do know how to speak (rather: read) German, you may
find additional information in this thread:
http://forum.bplaced.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14277&hilit=typo3&start=40