[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 21 14:34:49 CET 2010

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> A fully cached page on a reasonable system takes around 20ms to render.
> Adding just one "hello world" _INT plugin at least tripples the
> parsetime to 60ms or more. A non-cached page takes 300ms, or longer if
> there are complex plugins.
>
> When do you really need _INT plugins? Usually only for stuff like login
> forms

And:
- personalized data
- forms
- search results
- real time data
- ...

> - If we really need current, maybe user specific data to display: Cache
> the pages and the plugins (no _INT again) and get the missing data with
> a quick eID script.

As discussed earlier in this thread, this is a no go for government
websites (and many other sites) which must follow the accessibility rules.

There are all kinds of mechanisms possible, but the solution which would
mean a large leap forward to me would be that the handling of uncached
parts of the page (currently the _INT plugins) becomes a lot faster
(alternative for serializing a content object?) and giving plugins a
mechanism to handle caching themselves (which is the place where the
knowledge is on what can be cached and under which circumstances).

IMO this would give TYPO3 the power to handle modern, more dynamic
websites with more speed. "Anything that happens before that is just
progress."

--
Jigal van Hemert.