[TYPO3-dev] GSOC Project idea

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Mar 20 18:01:03 CET 2010

Hi,

aishwarya . schrieb:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Steffen Kamper <info at sk-typo3.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Aishwarya,
>>
>> with this special request i would like to mentor. I don't know the correct
>> way how to do this. It's great that we get some new interested with the GSOC
>> project, and i will support as much i can.
>>

> Very happy to hear......!!!!
> As i'm very much new to this CMS, (but i'm 100% interested on the
> development) i've installed it and i'm now working it, could you please help
> me in understanding the usage of extensions of Typo3..?

you may should start here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extension_Developers_Guide

Also install extension extdeveval which offers you the API offline.
Start with FE extensions as they are more easy to understand. You could
try some extensions from TER. Know that not all extensions are pretty
well coded, extension should use the API to be prepared for future
versions and for being stable and safe.
There is also a book from Dmitry if you like to dig deeper:
http://www.packtpub.com/typo3-extension-development/

vg Steffen