[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 13 18:30:38 CET 2010

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Already a few years I tought about the possibilities of creating an
> apache or php module which acts as caching-module for TYPO3 pages. There
> already exists an apache module named "mod_cache" which is almost what
> one could expect - but it doesn't handle TYPO3 Usergroups and conditions.

With all the communities, portals, social networking sites, etc. it
becomes increasingly important to show dynamic content in a page.
Caching entire pages is not what today's website need. In many cases the
contents generated by a plugin could be cached under certain conditions
(for a limited time, per user, per group, ...) but you need a caching
framework which can support this.

Then again, you also need a caching framework which is fast enough to
beat the extension in creating the content ;-)

I can't imagine how an external caching proxy can help in caching
partially "cacheable" pages and possibly caching content blocks...

--
Jigal van Hemert.