[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Tue Mar 9 23:32:59 CET 2010

Sigfried Arnold wrote:

> if you want to speed up your site, maybe it helps to add a PHP bytecode
> cache like eAccelerator, Alternative PHP Cache or Zend Performance
> Suite. It won't be as fast as mod_cache but can bring a significant
> performance boost - around 40 % of the PHP parsetime - and you don't
> need to modify anything at all.

Hello !

On my local machine (AMD Turion Laptop with 2.1 GHz) I'll get about
10-20 pages / second for a normal T3 site, and I have xcache installed
(Which is a quite good PHP accelerator).

> Other method is to use the TYPO3 internal cache functionality by saving
> prerendered documents in the filesystem instead of the database - you do
> not need to care for groups/logins and conditions too but speed up the
> site dramaticaly. Its even fast in combination with a bytecode cache.

When you write "you do not have to care for groups/logins" ... what do
you mean. If a site has users/groups and different pages are visible for
different groups, then such a caching extension has to take the current
usergroup into account.

Also if you server different pages for different browsers the caching
extension would have to take conditions into account.

So those static-filecache extensions only make sense if you have neither
users/groups nor conditions - which is not true for almost any site (at
least concerning the conditions) ...

This is why I wrote about my quickfe extension ... But what I would like
to have is such a feature group and condition evaluation in a C apache
or php module.

My laptop mentioned above serves about ~8.000 pages / second (yes.
eightthousand) instead of 20 lame T3 pages ... I guess you should try an:

ab -c 5 -n 100 http://yourfavoritet3site.org

and have a look what the benchmarks tells, and compare it to some static
pages being benchmarked ...

greets,
Bernhard