[TYPO3-dev] Feedback for #13698 - Add proxy for the mail() function

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Mar 9 17:12:04 CET 2010

Hey Tolleiv,

in general, I'm totally for a feature like this (i already imagine an
extension that logs all emails sent by my system, kind of like the
devlog almost already does in t3lib_div::plainMailEncoded).

However, before we start "rewriting" t3lib_htmlmail, I'm all for using a
3rd party for this. For that, I propose to integrate "phpMailer", or, if
the v5 team has another solution, to backport this.

Well, of course, this is a bit much for just introducing a new method in
t3lib_div, but I think that's be the best solution.

The problem with the change for this new function would be that it's
hard for people to know which method to use. You know what I mean?

All the best,
Benni.