[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sun Mar 7 10:48:34 CET 2010

Hello !

Already a few years I tought about the possibilities of creating an
apache or php module which acts as caching-module for TYPO3 pages. There
already exists an apache module named "mod_cache" which is almost what
one could expect - but it doesn't handle TYPO3 Usergroups and conditions.

So my question is, if anyone of you is working on such a thing, or has
interest in starting such a project, so we could coordinate work and
discuss unclear issues.

I already released an extensio "kb_quickef" a few years ago which does
mostly what I would expect from such a module. It consists of a small
standalone php-script which checks all parameters which regard caching
(expire times, FE-Groups, TS-Conditions) and depending on the outcome it
either serves a static page when it exists or simply fires up the normal
page rendering .... It speeds up serving of cached pages quite a lot,
but you won't get 1000's of pages per second like with static apache
pages. This would be the goal of such a module: 1000 T3-pages / second
on a common server machine.

greets,
Bernhard