[TYPO3-dev] extending indexed_search by search in date range

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Mar 3 13:59:01 CET 2010

Hi,

On 07.03.2007 21:31, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> "Beate Sommer"<beate.sommer at macdev.de>  schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1173295217.19671.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:

>>> Really? If you think the code is easy to read you're qualified to do job
>>> yourself :-) I've always trouble understanding the way which queries are
>>> generated and why.
>>>
>> Okay maybe I have to much selfconfidence ;-) I just thought to extend
>> class.tx_indecedsearch.php by a new method dateRangeWhere() in
>> execFinalQuery() like the mediaTypeWhere() method is doing. I would try to
>> check for the item_mtime. Of course still there needs to be done the SQL
>> for it and there needs to be done the interface to for the Dateinput.
>> I would just do this as a patch inside the indexed_search. Would this be
>> okay? Or should it be done by a new extension?
>
> best way would be to patch the indexed_search, improve the patch and then
> make a feature-request in Bugtracker delivering your diff-file.

This bug is already really old :-) I just had a look today and provided
a patch for this to bugtracker. This is working great but could easily
be improved.

Perhaps someone wants to take this as basis and enhance it? This would
be great for TYPO3 4.4, isn't it? This may be the opportunity to get in
touch with Core code... :D

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13728

Cheers