[TYPO3-dev] Caching Framework

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Mar 3 10:15:01 CET 2010

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:

> As this brings ~100% performance improvement even for cached pages with
> xcache installed, I guess it is worth a try. If some people can confirm
> this patch is working an leads to an performance improvement, I could
> try to get this into the core!

Please. But take several steps.

One step is to get the xcache backend into the caching framework. It should also go into FLOW3.

Another other step is to get the new cache frontend in.

Changing the cache FE in the Core is IMHO only an intermediate step. For 4.4 we really should create
a page cache API that hides the implemetation (old style vs new style).

Masi