[TYPO3-dev] Caching Framework

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Tue Mar 2 20:55:54 CET 2010

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> The serialization should take place in the caching framework itself. Any client code of a cache
> should not be forced to convert data in any cache-internal format.

Thats my point! I would suggest changing the method

t3lib_BEfunc::storeHash($hash, $data, $ident)

t3lib_BEfunc::storeHash($hash, $data, $ident, $convert = false)

and any call to storeHash which would like to let the API handle data
conversion should set $convert to true. This wont break existing code,
and any part of the core could get changed and extension authors like
Jigal could update their extensions to let the API handle un/serialization.

But this is just a proposal. If you think this is a good idea I'll
create a bugtracker entry, patch and corelist request ... I mean - hey.
It saves you 50% time of outputting cached pages when using memory caches!

greets,
Bernhard