[TYPO3-dev] Caching Framework

Nikolas Hagelstein lists at shr-now.de
Tue Mar 2 13:43:16 CET 2010

Hi,
> But all threads are actually one process, so they have the memory
> segment. Unix shared memory is a
> mechanism to share memory between processes. That's the reason why you
> need to establish a unique
> key to access it.

Right technically it would be possible. But in this case the segment is
created by
the first php parent and therefore known to that process and it's childs but
not to any other
php process spawned to by the fast_cgi processmanager.

But you are right my initial statement was misleading therefore read:
"since shm can't be shared beyond process borders."
As
"since shm - in this case - can only be accessed by the php process spawned
by the fast-cgi process manager and it's childs".

Cheers,
Nikolas