[TYPO3-dev] Caching Framework

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Mar 2 13:40:14 CET 2010

Jigal van Hemert schrieb:

> I agree. The situation for automaketemplate is however that it must
> support:
> - ye olde caching methods
> - the new caching framework which expects serializing

This is because the implementation lacks a proper abstraction. Instead of createing a pacge cache
API in 4.3 there are really stupid switches all over the place to distinct between mechanisms.

> - the new caching framework which expects serializing
> - (perhaps) the improved new caching framework which handles the storing completely by itself

The serialization should take place in the caching framework itself. Any client code of a cache
should not be forced to convert data in any cache-internal format.

Masi