[TYPO3-dev] Caching Framework

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 2 08:28:12 CET 2010

Hi,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Did anyone use some of the new Caching-Framework Backends like Memcached
> and get any measureable performance improvement?

The whole new caching framework seems a bit overweight for something
that should be as fast as possible, such as a caching mechanism. But
that has been discussed earlier.

> If you use traditional templating together with "automaketemplate" you
> could/should apply this diff:

As automaketemplate must always be compatible with all supported
versions of TYPO3 there must (in the end) be a way to detect if the data
should be (un)serialized or not. If there is such a mechanism I'm more
than happy to incorporate that in automaketemplate.

Keep up the good performance enhancing work!

--
Jigal van Hemert.