[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.4 & transparentColor

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 29 20:14:51 CEST 2010

JoH asenau wrote:
>> "transparentColor.closest = 1" is a mess :( Please take a look at the
>> result. Especially "AGB" and "Impressum" looks very ugly.
>
> I took a look at your image and don't understand why you are using transparency at all here.
> As far as I can see, there is always the same background using a vertical gradient, which can easily be applied to the images as well.
> So for me there is no reason to fight with trasparentColor here.

You're absolutely right!

Tobias: take a look at TypoScript by example [1], especially "Challenge
(GMENU/2)" (answers to challenges in the back of the document).

It shows you how to do pretty advanced things with tiling background
images. That way you can do without transparency at all.

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsbyex/0.0.16/view/7/6/
--
Jigal van Hemert