[TYPO3-dev] Add hook for manipulation of nav_title in tslib_menu through FE plugins

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 26 15:34:56 CEST 2010

Tom Pfeiffer wrote:
> this is a follow up to quite an old post:
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2005-February/008434.html,
> because as far as I can see never resulted in any new features in the core.
>
> Many FE plugins use not-in-menu pages like "single view", "detail view"
> etc. In these cases, it would be great to have a simple way for the
> plugin to overwrite the nav_title of certain page uids, e.g. the current
> page.

As said in that discussion, it's quite easy to modify the page title:
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->page['title'] = 'page title for this record';
	// set pagetitle for indexed search to new title
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->indexedDocTitle = 'page title for this record';

For breadcrumb paths it's easy to extend the output with the title of
the current record on single view pages.

I personally can't see other uses at the moment, but maybe you can
explain :-)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert