[TYPO3-dev] linking the new media content element

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Fri Jun 25 14:10:18 CEST 2010

Stefano Cecere wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:22:54 +0200, Krystian Szymukowicz
> <t33k.RE.MO.VE at re.mo.ve.prolabium.com> wrote:
>
>> I need to put an swf at page (as CE Media). This swf should act as a
>> link to internal page / external website etc.
>
> i think you know that you can't link directly a .swf to anything ( <a>
> urls), right?

Upss. I was always linking from swf staticly or by sending flashvars/xml
mainly because there was menu inside swf etc.

But I never did a single link from swf and as a reason never tried to
link swf by <a> tag :) This is why I was not aware of such limitation.
Tnx for explaining.

So forget that post.

BTW: This is strange limitation. If object is inside <a></a> then all
active area inside object could be overwriten/replaced by link from <a
href="..">.

--
grtz
Krystian