[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.4 introduction package and realUrl

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 09:44:37 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> just an idea: add one test rule to htaccess by default, something like
>
> RewriteRule (.*)\.modrewritetest
> typo3/ajax.php?ajaxID=Install::testModRewrite
>
> and then do a request to /install.modrewritetest. If result is ok,
> mod_rewrite works, if not either no .htaccess is active or mod_rewrite
> is missing.

Yes, that would work. But we need to set a flag in the AJAX script to allow
it running without BE login. Than it would work. It is a solution. This
AJAX script could than update localconf.php to prevent such AJAX requests
in future. So everything is covered.

Good thinking, Steffen!

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member