[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.4 introduction package and realUrl

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Wed Jun 23 23:37:39 CEST 2010

First of all, the introduction package is good work and should help TYPO3.

Second, I don't know if this list are the right place for my
question/comments. But I don't see any other place.

So the question/problem. As I understand realUrl are enabled as standard
in the introduction package. Ther are already one post in english list
about it. When we are thinking this package as something for newbies,
testing it on their own PC or on a hosted account this may give some
problems. I suppose many of these don't know about correct Apache
settings and the need for mod_rewrite - or maybe not even hav enough
knowledge to understand the problem. Yes, I remember my own problem with
mod_rewrite and Apache configurations when I started 6 years ago.

If this is a potential problems for many of the newbies we hope will try
the introduction package, it may have the opposite effect of what we want.

My advice would be to have realUrl turned of as standard, and give the
opportunity to turn it on through the template constant ( and also
explain it on the site).

Regards
Erik Svendsen