[TYPO3-dev] Resize image based on its orientation (portrait or landscape)

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:24:20 CEST 2010

Hello folks,

I want to resize an image via TypoScript (not a common content elemen)
based on it's orientation. In other words; I want to define a maximum
width for landscape images and a maximum height for portrait images.

I have googled and found a few forum threads, but nothing useable.

The problem is, defining the width or height appended with the 'c' or
'm' parameter doesn't help, because the image is always resized to it's
smallest, allowed size.

So, it depends on the setting appended with the 'm' parameter whether
the image is resized to it's maximum width or maximum height, but it's
not possible to set independent width/height settings for landscape and
portait format images.

Is there a solution for this, is there a way to use any kind of
condition for this?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas