[TYPO3-dev] "Save and View"-Button on Records in SysFolders

Stefan Geith typo3dev2010.nospam1 at geithware.de
Tue Jun 15 14:06:02 CEST 2010

Hi Devs,

recently I noticed that there is a "Save and View" Button, even if I
edit Records on Sysfolders and I asked myself: Does this really make
sense on SysFolders ? I think normally not...

But now I have an extension with a complex data-structure and I would
like to show an overview of a record to the BeUser with a 'view'-Button.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to enable the 'View'-Button in List-View
    even for tables other than 'pages' and/or 'tt_content' ?

2. Is there a way (hook?) to modify the 'View' ?
    E.g.: I would like to show a summary (and/or a complete
    fieldlist with some hints) of the record.

An example with news-records to make it more clear (hope you understand
my intention):
Imagine you have tt_news-records in a sysfolder.
With "Save and View" of a tt_news-record (or Click on a 'View'-Button) I
would like to see a structured List of the content of a news-record
instead of the view of a sysrecord (that doesn't show anything usefull...)
This would help BeUsers to check complex records for completeness.

Any hints ?

/Stefan