[TYPO3-dev] SQL parameter binding

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 14 10:23:47 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Situation is that since PHP 5.0 MySQL support isn't enabled by default,
>> but since PHP 5.1.0 PDO (and the PDO_SQLITE driver) is enabled by default.
>> So with a minimum of 5.2 we can be pretty sure that PDO is available.
>
> And much slower than MySQL drivers...

That's what you keep saying. I can't find any (recent) benchmark results
on the web for this, but knowing your precise nature you must have some
results lying around. Can you please share them?

I also said that speed tests are necessary (because I couldn't find
benchmarks).

There are other advantages of PDO:
- parameter binding takes care of escaping/quoting (so reduces SQL
injection problems)
- it's a lot faster than AdoDB for other databases
- prepared statements can increase speed a lot
- single code base on our site for all (supported) DBMSs (only query
rewriter for non-MySQL DBMSs) so DBAL can be reduced

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl