[TYPO3-dev] realurl and trailing slashes

Vladimir Podkovanov admin at sitesfactory.ru
Thu Jun 10 18:11:00 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
>> also having speaking url like http://site.com/products/item1.htm many
>> users will just remove file part if they want to go to the list view:
>> http://site.com/products/
>> and this would not work without trailing slash.
>
> Why? Decoding is independent from encoding, it does not care if slash is
> present or not.

Considering as decoding works now in trunk version it does care for last
slash, as I wrote in bug report #14657 empty part after last slash is
getting mapped to spacer page in subtree and 404 error as a result.
It's still reproducible but I didn't reopen bug while we not resolved
issue with trailing slashes as it is related problems.
-
But you right that decoding and encoding is separate, nevertheless I'm
vote for url as directories by default as there are cases when url does
make sense only as a directory (like mentioned http://site.dk/en/)
--
-rgds-
Vladimir