[TYPO3-dev] realurl and trailing slashes

Vladimir Podkovanov admin at sitesfactory.ru
Thu Jun 10 12:44:14 CEST 2010

Hi All and Dmitry,
Can you explain new logic with realurl - after fixing bug #14667 I see
that trailing slashes still is not default option in url but only added
to prevent redirect (if appendMissingSlash is set).

As I understood from doc (and as it worked before) appendMissingSlash
setting used only to fix urls when user by error missed the slash, this
implies that all urls which are not to a file (has no suffix) supposed
to have trailing slash.

But now, by default they have no trailing slashes.
I.e. by default now urls points to a file, not to a directory, right?
Not http://site.com/path/ but http://site.com/path

I don't understand reason for this change, I think url should points to
a directory by default as it was before, and points to a file only when
filename or suffix used.

--
-rgds-
Vladimir