[TYPO3-dev] 301 Redirect Problem

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Fri Jun 4 09:51:53 CEST 2010

Am 04.06.10 09:33, schrieb Christopher Torgalson:

> You can also do this kind of match this way:
>
> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}&?id=821
> RewriteRule index.php http://www.example.com/? [R=301,L]
>
> I did this from memory on a mobile so check for errors, but this way
> should be more efficient than using the "." to match your patterns I
> think. Incidentally, using RealUrl for this purpose is also much less
> efficient than just using mod_rewrite.
I did little benchmarking and came to the conclusion that "^(.*)$" is
slightly faster than "index.php".

Time per redirect with..
"^(.*)$": 45.6ms (0.55 standard deviation)
"index.php": 48ms (0.00)
realurl: 196ms (0.70)

With realurl you're absolutely right. I'll consider to do all my
redirects in .htaccess

That was interesting, thanks!