[TYPO3-dev] AJAX category assigning

Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern lorenz.ulrich at phz.ch
Tue Jul 27 18:19:41 CEST 2010

Hi there

I'm currently working on a photo gallery project for my employer that
offers adding photos to a cart and checking them out in print quality.
DAM and DAM Frontend (with some new features programmed by Stefan
Busemann) are used for it.

We're pretty close now but still one problem remains: Our photographer
needs to assign DAM categories to images without having to open the
metadata of each picture, scrolling down, choosing, saving etc. So what
we need is basically a new DAM submodule with thumbnails and all
categories as drop zones.

Has anyone experience with AJAX in the backend and could share some
thoughts about it?

By the way: I already asked that question in the DAM list (some time
ago) and there was no feedback. So maybe someone in this list has
experience.

Thanks a lot,

Lorenz