[TYPO3-dev] CE types not visible in create new CE view (locally reproducable)

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Thu Jul 22 18:03:32 CEST 2010

18 jul 2010 kl. 16.13 skrev Leo R. Lundgren:

> Hello,
>
> I have encountered an issue where if I go to Web>Page, select a page, and click create new CE, there is no contents in the place where one should select the type of CE to add. Under the heading "Please select the type of page content you wish to create", there is nothing, until the next visible text that is the heading "2: Select position" (which contents is actually visible).
>
> This happens with a fresh install of Typo3 4.4, with Postgresql 9 beta 3, PHP 5.2.10, Apache 2.2.11, all compiled using pkgsrc on OS X 10.6.4. I can reproduce the problem locally but haven't tried it on another machine. I can however not reproduce it when I change the database from being Postgresql 9 beta 3 to MySQL 5.0.90, so it seems that it's related to the DBAL, possibly in specific combination with Postgres.

Right, so to follow up on this a bit.. I tried it and cannot reproduce it with PostgreSQL 8.4. Probably there is some incompatibility with PG9 in the DBAL or the caching layer, and I've been told that these things are looked into when PG9 reaches a stable release. For me that's OK since I don't require any features in PG9 for the current project.

-|