[TYPO3-dev] password recovery in felogin / auth services

Michael Michalowski m.michalowski at hottgenroth.de
Wed Jul 21 16:35:55 CEST 2010

hi!

Another question concerning felogin and the password recovery function:
With the new auth services it is possible to register an auth service which authenticates against another system and also imports users into typo's fe_users table in one go (getUser() interface).
I wrote such an auth service for a sql server database.

Now I implemented the password recovery function of felogin by a custom hook. It works but there is one drawback: If a user was not imported yet by loggin in (which is very common if a user has forgotten his password) he does not exist in the fe_users table.

felogin itself doesn't recognize any registered auth services, so there is no possibility to fetch the user from another source than typo's be_users table.

Has anybody a solution for this problem?

best regards,
Michael Michalowski