[TYPO3-dev] Problems with TYPO3_mainDir constant.

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Fri Jul 16 10:54:24 CEST 2010

I recently upgraded a site to 4.3.
Then I started to experience a unfrequently problem which makes the
backend go down with this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/site1/www/TYPO3_mainDirsysext/lang/lang.php)
[function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in /var/lib/typo3/typo3_src-4.4.0/t3lib/config_default.php  on
line 593

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required
'/home/site1/www/TYPO3_mainDirsysext/lang/lang.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in
/var/lib/typo3/typo3_src-4.4.0/t3lib/config_default.php on line 593

What seems to happens is that the value of the constant TYPO3_mainDir
becomes 'TYPO3_mainDirsysext' instead of just 'sysext'.

When I delete the temp_CACHED_psXXXX_ext_localconf.php file, it is
regenerated, and everything works again. At some point a new faulty
cache file is generated and the backend is down again.

I have been trying to find what triggers the problem, but haven't been
able to. It seems randomly.

I googled for a solution, but didn't find much. There seems to be a
problem with rlmp_eventdb, but this extension isn't installed.

Any idea how to pin down the source of the problem?
The problem is that it isn't easy just uninstalling extensions, as it
seems a very unfrequently problem.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Stig

ps. upgraded to 4.4 - but it's the same problem.