[TYPO3-dev] Speeding up INT objects in FE

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Jul 14 18:25:45 CEST 2010

On 7/11/10 4:50 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that (uncached) INT objects in a page form a major contribution
> to the time needed to serve a page. Even if the object itself doesn't do
> much unserializing it seems to take a considerable amount of time.

For very large serialized objects, I've had some recent success with
igbinary [1], which is a PHP extension for binary serialization.

Since its a PHP extension, it could only be an option and not the
default choice but it might be worth benchmarking [2] within TYPO3.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] http://opensource.dynamoid.com/
[2] http://ilia.ws/archives/211-Igbinary,-The-great-serializer.html#extended