[TYPO3-dev] How to access restricted records in the frontend (in extension dr_blob)

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:54:42 CEST 2010

Hello folks,

the following request comes from our client:

"Display a download/file list and define the access to specific files
for different user groups. But make it possible to mark specific files
as "preview" in the backend. In the frontend, those files should then
be listed, but after you click to download them, you should get a
notice to login/register."

The "problem" here is, that - as far as I know - the access handling of
the user groups etc. is done by TYPO3 itself. In other words, TYPO3 will
only return records to which the current user has access to. (Of course
only if the official public TYPO3 API is used to query the database.)

Now I'm looking for a way to implement such a feature, described above,
without handling the whole access control for myself. What I just need
is to return specific records (marked with a flag in the database), but
those without access restriction.

At least that's my only idea for now.

Is there anybody who may have a solution for this or a better idea?
I'm quite stuck with this at the moment...

Thanks a lot,
Thomas