[TYPO3-dev] Adding SQL condition to the list module according to BE Groups

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Mon Jul 12 21:01:03 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

In List Module, I would like to be able to filter records for specific BE Groups.

Here is my use case:
I have a set of addresses to manage through the List Module. I have different BE Groups defined in
the Backend, too. I don't want certain BE Groups to see some addresses for different reasons. How
can I filter them? I haven't seen any settings in List Module, so far.

An idea would be to add additional SQL condition for those BE Groups. Taking tt_news example, I can
imagine some configuration like that:

mod.web_list.additionnalQuery.tt_news = usergroup = 20 AND hidden = 0

Would this feature worthy to implement?

I am wondering if a "sys_action" can be useful here? Anyway, it can make sense to have that feature
to have everything at one place for the BE Users.

Regards,

Fabien