[TYPO3-dev] Your opinion please: ZF and T3

Christian Opitz - Netzelf christian.opitz at netzelf.de
Fri Jul 2 22:12:02 CEST 2010

Hi Masi,

> Why the DB-adapter? Do you propose to access TYPO3's DB through it?
> IMHO this is a dangerous course.

Yes, actually i do that - i'm using the link from $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']
for that. You can see the adapter here:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-zfext/repository/entry/trunk/zfext/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Typo3.php

Why is that dangerous?

>> Now what worries me for certain days is how i should do that - because i somehow have the feeling
>> that USER/USER_INT-objects in the plugin-objects is not the worst method as i think that it gives a
>> faster insight whats happening. What do you think about that?
>>
> I don't know why Extbase doesn't set up plugins like standard plugins, but I find it distracting the
> way it is done there.

I think this way should seperate the plugin settings from the settings
extbase needs to run it (controller, action etc.). I find this sensefull
too but it has the drawback that there are two setups for the plugin
(More or less it's security by obfuscation). Thats why i'm asking around
here: I'm not sure, which way to go and it might be hard to change it later.

Christian