[TYPO3-dev] Your opinion please: ZF and T3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:21:23 CEST 2010

Hi!

Christian Opitz - Netzelf wrote:
> Because i actually did not want to write something very new but rather
> combine two already good things.

There is nothing good in "addPItoST43" name. The name was chosen by Kasper
when he had something with uid=43 somewhere in TYPO3. I doubt even he
remembers what was that exactly. Since it was introduced, it cannot be
changed now but it is not the reason to use such bad names in new
extensions. Would you expect Extbase or FLOW3 keep using such names?
Probably, no. So why do you use it? Choose meaningful name that describe
what the function does :) Follow good examples, not bad ones...

> Oh - i meant TS - but which key there plugin.tx_example or config.tx_zfext.resources.zfext.tx_example?

plugin......

> I don't want to restrict developers to make a pi1 folder or something like that.

Than you should provide recommendation about structuring extensions that
use ZFExt :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member