[TYPO3-dev] Suggestions for triggering BE sprite generation

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Jan 29 17:42:36 CET 2010

Am 29.01.2010, 17:28 Uhr, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov
<dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com>:

> No, no! :) Developers do not generate icons :) We have Jens Hoffman, who
> is supposed to provide icons. He is a good designer and he knows how to
> work with layers in Photoshop. It is his job officially to make TYPO3
> UIs.

But it's really difficult to reach Jens. I have had a first-hand
experience the last days, asking for the current status of the new icon
set. This is a problem, when you mustn't create icons for your new
feature, but the guy who should do it, has no time / is not capable /
whatever (not ment in offense, Jens!)

André Wartman, who is also a designer, was with us at T3UXW09 and
continued Jens' work with some new icons.
He is willing to create more new icons, when needed. Of course, they
should be approved by Jens. This announcement will follow again with the
new icon set, hopefully coming this weekend (already approved by Jens;
only depends on my laziness).

>> * provide *any* tool, to do this automatically, like [1]: Give it all
>> images and get the sprite + CSS back. This tool maybe could be in
>> extdeveval or a backend module or whatever.
>
> Extdeveval at client machines? :) No go. Extdeveval is for developers.

Ah.. this discussion really costs some hair :-[
Sometimes I wish to have skype calls instead of writing 20 mails :)

Of course not on client machines! But on developer machines, which want to
create a sprite for their own extension (e.g. place all icons in
EXT:mykey/images/icons/ and extdeveval creates the static (!!) sprite in
the extension directory images/sprite.png or whatever).

Steffen