[TYPO3-dev] New icons to the core or to t3skin?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 28 19:56:19 CET 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> it because we wanted to be universal: you change the model and all code
> is regenerated at runtime. It was stupid. Dead product in the end. Died

Years ago I built a solution for a very busy website which contained
data from a database, but with that website it was fine to keep the same
page content for a day. The obvious solution was to generate the entire
website during the night. It was served by a very lightweight webserver.

> Therefore static generation of sprites should be a natural solution. It

Maybe a similar solution is possible for the icons? If you change the
icon size in a setting all (well, there are not that many icons) icons
can be generated by a simple script. Resizeable icons, but cached as
static files (not the normal
see-what-data-you-need-and-calculate-a-cache-key cached images, but real
static files).

Regards, Jigal.