[TYPO3-dev] New "domain record features" in 4.3 break RealUrl _DOMAINS features

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:59:15 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-01-27 16:30:40 +0200, Steffen Ritter said:
> + WebPageRoot ( www.mydomain.com )
>     |   | - only one more level
>     | - this
>     |   | - only one more level
>     | - other
>     |   | - only one more level
>     | - Members (Domain Record: members.mydomain.com)
>     |   | - huge SubSiteStructure with 3 levels for member area
>     | - Press (Domain Record: press.mydomain.com)
>     |   | - huge SubSitestructure
>
> I used this structure to
>   a, show member and press directly in menu including "ACT" states
>   b, do have an shorter page-path (get rid of the layer "members" oder
> "press" in url but having same pages (index contact anything else)
>   c, allowing members/press an to "have an easy to recognize link"
>
> so nested domain in such an "easy-structure" is useful.

The question is: do you really need subdomains for this? I am not
arguing, I am trying to understand the necessity of such use cases. For
example, couldn't it work as http://example.com/members/ and
http://example.com/press/? It should also benefit SEO because you have
lots of related information within a single domain.

> Probably we should state (CORE and RealUrl) that only one-level nesting
> is allowed and supported, which would be the most used case.

I think there will be a strong opposition in the core team to this
idea. But for RealURL I should think of it... ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.