[TYPO3-dev] New relational concept for personal data

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Jan 25 22:42:28 CET 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        JoH asenau <info at cybercraft.de>

Hi,

> But IMHO this is not just about persons and locations, so I guess the so
> called "party framework" might not be what I wanted to aim for, since I had
> a more general approach in mind, that would enable people to easily create
> tables and relations between them and add information about the context of
> these relations later on.
> Basically this was the idea behind:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-scotty

I like the idea to have a standard and a standardizable structure.
Using DTDs in any kind for fields could bring up another challenge to TYPO3:

Normally there is a field given and the Name is assigned through the
Language-Key of the corresponding XML-File.
Using DTDs this mechanism still works but isn't complete, I'd propose
the following structure:

DB(-Field) <-> DTD <-> LL-File

in the LL-Files the name of the DTD should be a new Level above the
Language-Key.

Ideas of Peter Russ concerning the "salutation" could be implemented
just by changing the DTD.

Best Regards
David