[TYPO3-dev] Place to discuss projects at forge.typo3.org

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Jan 22 10:10:32 CET 2010

Am 22.01.2010, 09:56 Uhr, schrieb Andy Grunwald [wmdb]
<andreas.grunwald at wmdb.de>:

> That was my thought, too.
> One internal and one public list. But i think that is very hard to
> maintain. Another disadvantage to this idea is the number of possible
> lists.
> projects on forge (* 2) = Possible lists
>
> I think thats to many for hard disk space and maintenance, or what do
> you think?

It seems like they are heavily overloaded, yes. Stucki posted yesterday
that he will configure new lists right now, but I see no one for
piwikintegration (to be honest, I can't identify any new lists).

Do you really need a private list? It's community developement and
everybody should be able to join developement (and see previous
discussions).
Even core-list was private once, but now it's public as it's way easier
for new contributors. Even to distinguish between developer's and user's
questions, IMHO separate lists are overkill. Do you really expect so high
traffic?

So maybe 1 list/project is enough? ;-)

Steffen