[TYPO3-dev] Place to discuss projects at forge.typo3.org

Andy Grunwald [wmdb] andreas.grunwald at wmdb.de
Fri Jan 22 09:08:38 CET 2010

Hey girls and guys,

yesterday I´ve joined a forge project to help fixing bugs and develop
new features. In this porject, there are 10 members.
If i know correctly all 10 members have svn access. So every member
could commit everything. Thats okay, we are one team.

But in a team you have to discuss something. For example tasks for next
release, some rules or new concepts to work.

But on forge i missed (or i didn`t see that) a place to discuss such
things like a forum or a maillinglist (internal + public).
I think Skype or Email isn`t a good way, because people who joins the
team to a later time dont has the possibility to read this threads again
and ask perhaps the same questions.

Example 1: concepts
To write new concepts down, the "internal documents" section is used.
But for discussion, too?

Example 2: Patch / commit
Where you discuss new patches / commits if you want to the same
procedure as it would be by the core (+1 / -1) ?
In the bug / feature ticket? In my opinion not the best solution.

What do you think about it?

Andy