[TYPO3-dev] Using SVN for the Forge

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:59:37 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-01-21 23:09:11 +0200, Thomas \"Thasmo\" Deinhamer said:
> Is it enough to set up a single TYPO3 installation on my server,
> creating a "SVN client repository" of this installation?

For my test installation I do not put it as whole to the SVN because I
clean it up regularly from old pages and files. It does not make sense
to keep all this stuff in SVN. Since I use Time Machine, I can revert
at any moment if I really need it (did not need it yet).

I use Forge for public extensions and my own SVN for private
extensions. I check them out directly to
~/Projects/My/t3test/typo3conf/ext:

cd ~/Projects/My/t3test/typo3conf/ext/
svn co https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/realurl/trunk realurl
svn co https://myserver.somewhere.com/TYPO3/extensions/privateext privateext

Then I use Komodo IDE for development and debugging (with FF & XDebug &
XDebug helper for FF). I can commit to each extension directly from
Komodo.

This all works really well and it is optimal setup in my opinion.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.