[TYPO3-dev] An open letter to the big boss..

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jan 21 17:52:19 CET 2010

Hi Sebastian,

the boss just called me, and his name was Oliver ;-)

Well, nice to see you would like to work on the Kickstarter! However, I
can't really follow your argumentation that having no list for it will
break your motiviation.

> What happened? I lost my motivation to work on the Extbase Kickstarter,
> though I still think it would be very important and I'd really like to
> be a part of the project! Why? For motivation you (or maybe only me?)
> need a constant level of inspiration. Inspiration again can comes from
> different sources, but for me personally communication is a key source
> for inspiration!

I agree with this, but I also agree with what Ernesto and Ries already said:

1) There is already a kickstarter mailing list (which is almost dead as
   it seems, so let's use it!)

2) There is also a mailing list for extbase specific discussion

3) There are already plenty of newsgroups/mailing lists, and general
   lists like typo3-dev or typo3-typo3v4mvc would already fit for such
   low-traffic topics.

But I have to agree that asking for new mailing lists required a lot of
patience recently. Sending your requests to admin at typo3.org is the right
way to do it, and I see there is already one more request by you. I'm
working on these requests right now, so stay tuned...

Cheers, Michael