[TYPO3-dev] An open letter to the big boss..

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jan 21 02:50:20 CET 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I'd suggest that for now, it would be best to use the typo3v4mvc list
> for that. When the traffic concerning the kickstarter is too high, we
> can think of using an own list... However, over time I expect that the
> typo3mvc list will become more extbase/fluid/extbase-kickstarter
> *development* oriented, as I guess over time more and more extbase
> questions will be just put to typo3.dev, like normal extension dev.
> questions.
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian
> PS: I am one of the people who can create new mailing lists;
> admin at typo3.org is the right contact address for this ;-) (though I
> have
> to admit our response times are not too great as we are very heavily
> workloaded right now)

I think we should lower the number of mailinglists drastically,
if I say how much mail we are getting on typo3-dev then I am tempted
to think we just use less then a hand fill of lists.

typo3-dev4.x
typo3-dev5.x

And you simply put all related (or almost all related) stuff in these
two lists.
If the lists traffic is getting lower and lower then people tend to
make it less and less s
seriously (call it dead, like the IRC channel regarding FLOW3)

As per example, typo3-dev got 5 mails today (unless something is wrong),
this doesn't make sense for such an active project.

Just IMHO....
Ries