[TYPO3-dev] suggest wizard in flexforms = impossible ?

Andreas Kiessling andreas.kiessling at web.de
Thu Jan 14 19:05:59 CET 2010

Hi,

i tried to use the suggest wizard from within a flexform.
After looking at t3lib_TCEforms_Suggest class, i now understand, that
this will never work, because the information, where to look for the
records is fetched from TCA.

Are there any plans, to support the wizard in flexforms?

Passing the config for the tables to search in the ajax request probably
won't do it, because this would require a lot of checks, if the user is
able to access the table?

I'd really like to use that feature in my plugin, but creating an
intermediate record, that i than simply select in the FE plugin is imho
unnecessary. So the only option i see, is to extend tt_content and let
the field render outside the flexform. But then i cannot use display
conditions, etc.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Andreas